YOU GUYS, I WAS NOMINATED FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD!
When I found out I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Ameeta of Aye Wanderful, I was seriously chuffed. Thanks for the nomination, Ameeta! (You should all go and check out her travel and lifestyle blog—and awesome profile pic—while you’re at it.)
For those who are wondering what on earth a Liebster Award is, it’s a virtual blogging award that (smaller) bloggers pass on to each other, helping people to discover new blogs and to connect with other bloggers. It’s also a nice gesture to let bloggers know that there are people out there reading what they’re writing (mothers and partners don’t count).
RULES OF THE GAME
- Post the award on your blog.
- Publicly thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer their questions about yourself, feel free to add photos!
- Nominate 5–10 people with less than 1000 followers and inform them via social media (I was lenient with this one i.e. I nominated 4 bloggers, some with with well over 1000 followers).
- Write your own set of questions for your nominees.
- Feel good about yourself for winning an award and passing it on.
1. What is the story behind your blog’s name?
I chose Curated by Cammi because I like alliteration, OBVIOUSLY. However, it was also strategic as although I wanted to create a travel blog, I didn’t want to lock myself in to only writing about travel and wanted to have a blog name that would allow me to explore other interests.
2. Have you ever been to a famous travel destination and been disappointed? Which place was that?
One of my first trips overseas was to Paris when I was 19, and I was so disappointed that it didn’t live up to the grandiose expectations in my head. I returned a few years after that and found that my feelings hadn’t changed at all. I find that Paris is either a love or hate destination. You either get its je ne sais quoi, or you don’t. Unfortunately I’m of the latter group, and I just couldn’t find my groove while in the city, although I did love wandering around Montmartre. But I’d be willing to give it another chance if the opportunity came up—maybe the third time is the charm?
3. What is your must-have makeup item that you cannot travel without?
I’m not big on make-up, but wet wipes are essential travelling companions and great for travelling days. I’ve also discovered the magic of BB cream!
4. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
A photographic memory—perfect for someone with a goldfish memory like myself.
5. Name a language you’d like to learn.
I’ve always wanted to learn German, but I’ve never tried to learn, possibly because it’s probably not really useful anywhere except for Germany (a country which I adore!). I’m attempting to learn Spanish on Duolingo at the moment.
6. What is your favourite meal – breakfast, lunch or dinner?
I’m a Melburnian, so it’s brunch all the way.
7. What is it that you love the most about the city you live in?
I live in Perth on the west coast of Australia, and you can’t possibly beat the great weather and beautiful beaches.
8. What have you learnt about yourself through blogging?
Ooh, tricky. I’ve learned a lot about blogging…but about myself through blogging? I’ve realised that I’ve become a lot less shy about writing about myself and my opinions and experiences. If you turn back the clock a few years, the very thought of being so open about myself in such a public forum would have scared the pants off of me, but here I am. I think you kind of get to the stage where you think ‘Yeah, whatever, no-one’s reading this except for mum and the hubby, anyway…’ 😉
9. Which three hashtags best describe your personal style?
#curated #by #cammi (cop-out answer, I know)
10. What is your favourite social media and why? E.g. Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Instagram is great for providing extra travel inspiration, although it’s dangerous scrolling through your IG, because you always end up getting a major case of wanderlust-envy!
This is Yuyen Elle is a 24-year-old Aussie world wanderer, star-gazer, dog-lover and meteorologist in the making.
Sophocles Sophie is a freelance travel content creator, creative and web developer based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Simply + Fierce Jennifer is a minimalist, traveller and daydreamer. She’s passionate about strong coffee and helping women build lives they love through simple and intentional living (and a personal favourite of mine!)
The Roaming Street Kirsten is an Australian travel blogger whose blog is dedicated to all things beautiful & budget travel related.
1. What destination/experience is at the top of your bucket list, and why?
2. Which country’s cuisine do you like the most?
3. What is one item that you always take with you on your travels?
4. Have you lived abroad? If yes, where? If no, where would you choose to live?
5. Do you prefer to plan your travels or to travel on the fly?
6. Do you prefer big cities or getting back to nature?
7. What’s the one thing that you wish you knew 5 years ago?
8. What’s your favourite quote or life mantra?
9. What are the best and worst things about blogging?
1o. Which 3 people, living or dead, would you invite to a dinner party?
Nominees, I am looking forward to reading your answers and I hope you have a fun time answering the questions. Please don’t forget to share the link to your answers in the comments below and to tag me on social media as well.
Thanks again to Ameeta for the nomination!